Soil & Nutrition
Ball also offers growers organically based soil and fertilizers to use during greenhouse production.
Ball Organic Growing Mix is formulated as a general purpose growing media with a selection of coarse Canadian Sphagnum peat moss, lime for pH stabilization, an organic starter charge and perlite. This is a general purpose mix that is useable from seeding to growing on.
Pinnacle Professional Plant Food 3-1-1 is a nutritionally complete plant food, which contains major, secondary and minor mineral elements in available (chelated) form. The nitrogen complex in Pinnacle is present in two forms: Soluble Organic Nitrogen and Chilean Nitrate. This proprietary formulation also promotes green-up, consistent growth and sustainability.
Ball Professional Growing Mixes
Our focus on quality continues with our line of specialty soilless growing mixes formulated to meet the demands of our valued grower customers from propagation to finished production of a wide variety of crops. Ball’s advancement in growing media is specifically designed with the added value of quality fibrous peat and a planet-friendly nutrient charge Daniels Professional Plant Food in all of our our Ball Professional Growing Mixes. Ball bark mixes include composted bark. The Ball Growing Mix line also includes Ball Punch 'N Gro® Mix, designed specifically for use with the Punch 'N Gro machine and the Ball Ellepot Mixes for both propagation and finish Ellepots. The Ball Ellepot Mixes are specially screened and developed for optimum flow through Ellepot machines. These Ball Ellepot mixes also contain Plant Growth Activator Plus. PGA+ can also be added upon request to any other Ball Growing mix. There is also a soil mix available through the Simply Beautiful® program
Daniels Plant Food
This liquid patented fertilizer is developed from oil seed extract that enhances root development and provides a nutrition program for commercial plant production, as well as extended nutrition for optimum garden and landscape performance. And it’s easy to use! One formulation grows a multitude of crop varieties, blends instantly with water, and doesn’t require mixing. Just pull directly from the Daniels container.
Benefits of using Daniels:
- Promotes environmentally friendly growing
- Delivers stellar garden performance
- Designed to meet the feeding requirements of all plants – even specialty crops
- Produces a stronger stem base with a more compact, fuller plant and more blooms per area
- Generates high-quality flowers with bolder colors
- Provides lower EC than traditional synthetic fertilizers at the same feed rate
- Allows for shorter crop cycles in many crops
- Feeds both the plant and beneficial microbes with its high source of biodegradable carbon
Daniels Plant Food offers a complete line of products for the professional greenhouse and nursery market:
- Daniels 10-4-3 Professional Plant Food
- Daniels 10-4-4 Ornamental Landscape
- Pinnacle 3-1-1 Professional Plant Food
- Daniels Retail Line 10-4-3. as used by the professionals
Get more information about Daniels Professional Plant Food from the Daniels website or contact your Ball Sales Representative.
Plant Growth Activator Plus
The establishment of beneficial microbial populations is key to creating the ideal soil environment for healthy plant growth. Plant Growth Activator Plus (PGA+) is a unique, all-natural fertilizer formulated to promote the establishment and enhance the growth of all plantings and transplants.
This microbial product contains 52 strains of ...
- Beneficial soil microorganisms - bacillus, pseudomonas, streptomycetes, trichoderma, humic acid, kelp
- Essential amino acids
- Folic acid
- Natural sugars
Benefits of PGA+:
- Minimizes nutrient leaching
- Aids in nutrient cycling and absorption
- Reduces fertilizer and pesticide inputs up to 25%
- Allows for better root development and improved root architecture
- Increases resistance to environmental extremes, like heat, cold and drought
- Lessens transplant shock
- Delivers a shorter crop cycle
- Provides overall healthier plants
For more information and up-to-date application rates, visit the Organica website.